Connections is a four-week class which gives you a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus and tells you more about who we are and what it means to be “reformed.” It also gives us a chance to get to know you and your story and to share with you how to get further connected here at TFRC. And it’s the path to membership, which is a great way to say “I belong here.”
The next Connections class starts on April 2, 2017.
- Sundays from 12:00 to 1:30 in the Social Hall (East Building)
- Lunch is provided
- Child care is available upon request
- Sign up at the Information Desk in the Octagon
- Contact Pastor Jon for more information.
The Bible clearly teaches that groups of people who were followers of Jesus formed communities of faith that “devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer.” — Acts 2:42
The Bible also teaches us we only find our true lives in Christ when we follow his example by laying our lives down for others. (Matt. 10:39; 1 John 3:16) We believe that it is God’s intention that we do this in Christian fellowship, working together to bless the community in which we live. To us, becoming a member of TFRC means publically committing ourselves to our shared vision of being “a vibrant community, passionately modeling the life of Jesus Christ throughout the Magic Valley.”
How Do I Become A Member?
- The first step would be to complete a four-part class called “Connections”, which gives you a solid understanding of what it means to be a follower of Jesus Christ and a member of TFRC.
- Upon completion of “Connections”, any person professing personal faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior who has been or wishes to be baptized should indicate their desire for membership given at the close of the third class of “Connections”.
- Once the application for membership is received we will follow up with you and see if you have any remaining questions about the church.
- New members will be received during a specially scheduled Sunday morning service.
- Now its time to get connected!
What Are My Responsibilities As A Member?
I understand that Twin Falls Reformed Church is called to be a vibrant community, passionately modeling the life of Jesus Christ throughout the Magic Valley.
I commit to this vision by living out the values of:
- Authentic Worship − to glorify God together by participating in worship faithfully and regularly.
- Prayer − for knowing and experiencing God.
- The Bible − to be transformed by the holy and inspired Word.
- Reaching Out − to non believers because God, in His love, first reached out to us.
- Loving Authentic Relationships − for building Christian Community.
- Trusteeship − to be faithful with all of God’s resources.
- Small Groups − for building relationships and nurturing spiritual growth.
- Spiritual Gifts − discovering and using my gifts to build up the Body of Christ.
- Servanthood − serving with a humility and commitment.
- Missions − obeying Christ by influencing the community, the nation and the world.