Our Vision Statement
To be a vibrant community, passionately modeling the life of Jesus Christ throughout the Magic Valley.
At TFRC we are passionate about GROWTH, SERVICE, and INFLUENCE.
We strive to grow deeper in authentic relationships with God and each other. We are committed to serving our community, our world, and each other in the name of Jesus Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit. We seek to influence others with the love, grace, and truth of the good news of Jesus Christ through our lives and through our words.
- Prayer – for knowing and experiencing God (Matthew 6:9-13)
- The Bible – to be transformed by the holy and inspired Word (2 Timothy 3:14-17)
- Reaching Out – to non believers because God, in His love, first reached out to us (Luke 5:30-32; Matthew 18:10-14)
- Loving Authentic Relationships – for building Christian Community (John 13:34-35; 1 Corinthians 13)
- Generosity – to be generous stewards of our time, talent, and treasures (1 Timothy 6:18-19; 2 Corinthians 9:6-15; Matthew 25:15-30)
- Small Groups – for building relationships and nurturing spiritual growth (Acts 2:44-47)
- Authentic Worship – to glorify God together by participating in worship faithfully and regularly (Psalm 9:1-2; Romans 12:1)
- Spiritual Gifts – to build up the body of Christ (1 Corinthians 12 & 14; Romans 12; Ephesians 4)
- Servanthood – with a humble heart and committed service (Matthew 20:25-28; Ephesians 6:2)
- Missions – to obey Christ by influencing the community, the nation and the world (Acts 1:8; Matthew 28:19-20)
We believe in one God, revealed as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. God is the creator of all and ruler of the universe. God, our perfect heavenly Father, loves and cares for all of us. (Deuteronomy 6:4, Genesis 1:1, Genesis 1:31, Colossians 1:16-18).
We believe that we have sinned deliberately choosing not to follow God’s will thereby breaking our relationship with God. (Romans 3:23).
We believe that God, by grace alone, provides a relationship with Himself through the life, death, and resurrection of His Son, Jesus. Jesus is Savior to all who believe in Him. (Romans 5:8-11, I Peter 3:18, John 3:16).
We believe that God sent us the Holy Spirit to empower us to live more like Jesus Christ. (Romans 5:5).
We believe that as children of God, we are promised eternal life with God in heaven. (John 14:1-3).
We believe that the Church is the spiritual body of believers in Christ whose purpose is doing God’s will. (Ephesians 5:25, I Corinthians 1:2).
We believe that the Bible was written by persons inspired by God and is the record of God’s revelation of Himself to us. It is our ultimate authority for our faith and living. (2 Timothy 3:16).
Twin Falls Reformed Church belongs to the Reformed Church in America (www.rca.org), the oldest protestant denomination in North America.
We are “Reformed” because we trace our identity back to the Reformation of the 1500’s when leaders like Martin Luther and John Calvin determined that the church needed to be re-formed and continually reforming according to God’s Word.
Above all, our faith is centered in Christ . Every need of ours finds its answer in Jesus Christ.
The final authority in the Reformed faith is Holy Scripture, the living Word of God, spoken to everyone through the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit takes the Word of God and makes it real and actual in our lives. This has always been and will always be the authentic wellspring of Reformed faith.
The following confessions and creeds are statements of Reformed beliefs: